Tonight after a swim with some siblings that left me
freaking freezing nicely refreshed, I traipsed through my door shivering feeling vitalised, and ready to tackle my housework.
However, I went to my bedroom and there on my floordrobe was my favorite thing in the whole wide world – my trusty ‘Jama pants!
After I wriggled into them I was instantly warm, comfy, and ready to take on the world – and apparently so was Mel who was already in her PJ’s too.
It got me to thinking – just how awesome are Pyjama’s?
I like my PJ’s big and flowy – I generally buy them two sizes too big so there is extra comfort room. However, while I buy Flannel PJ sets, I never wear the tops, only the bottoms. I have to be honest at this point and say Buffy instigated this habit in me many years ago!
I also have to say, I don’t think there is anything better than slipping into a pair of your old trusties – even sex.
So I came up with a list of why PJ’s are better than anything.
- Pyjamas never hog the bed
- or the Doona.
- Pyjamas never steal the best bits of your meal
- They don’t contribute to the dishes
- They don’t care if you don’t talk to them for six months of the year
- They don’t expect anything at all
- Pyjamas don’t care if you’re smelly after a work out
- Pyjamas will watch a soppy rom-com with you
- and they don’t laugh if you cry in it
- Pyjamas don’t tell you if the dinner you have cooked is crap – even if you share it with them
- They don’t care if you have a mad Sing-Star session
- and they will dance with you as totally sing the song better than Cyndi Lauper
- Pyjamas don’t bitch if you eat the last bit of chocolate
- Pyjamas also don’t bitch if you eat the last bag of chips
- PJ’s understand that for a week every month or thereabouts they are to do nothing but comfort us, and anything they do can be construed as an argument so it is best to just shut the hell up.
- Your PJ’s don’t care if you have a headache. They will still cuddle you anyway!
- Pyjamas also don’t leave a mess you have to clean up.
- I can wear my Pyjamas in front of everybody
- Pyjamas Don’t talk back
- and finally, your PJ’s always leave you satisfied without you having to do any work.
I lurrrrrve my PJ pants. They always do exactly as I want them to, they don’t demand anything other than my butt in them, they don’t expect me to give anything in return, and their greatest ambition in their flaneletty lives is to ensure my comfort!I am incredibly jealous of B1 and B2, by the way. Lucky Bastards.
Dear Men: Why Aren’t You Pyjama Pants? Sincerely, Women Everywhere. xoxox
Do you have a pair of favorite PJ’s?